Sunday, May 13, 2007

On the Mall

This is an annual event on the Mall where all sorts of military vehicles are parked for people to take a gander at.




Bradley fighting vehicle.

The back of a Bradley.

This is a howitzer.

It was interesting to me that the entrances to the vehicles were so small. You have to do a great deal of crawling around to get around in these things.



Nothing like a Patriot Missile battery overlooking the Washington Monument.


Posing with the troops. There were many people doing this. I'm not sure I get it. I understand kids doing it in the tanks and other vehicles and even there here if they were kids but well they're not are they.

All the latest chemical protective suites.



Navy Seals


This is a mini-sub that a navy seals team would use to strike from. Talk about close quarters!






Some kids get camouflaged for their next mission.

2 comments:

Arthur Schenck said...

You know, in some ways I find these images disturbing (especially the missle launcher). And yet some of them I find interesting...

Jason in DC said...

I remember that last time I saw a Patriot Missle Battery. It was after 9/11 and it was by the Pentagon. And this battery was ready to go.

So this one seems tame in comparison