Monday, September 17, 2007

Five years at home

Sunday was the 5th anniversary of moving into my home. I have to say I never thought I would own a home. But my rent just kept going up and up and up. That made it necessary to think of other options. That option was of course to buy a house.

I got my credit situation in order. I canceled the extra credit cards that I had around. I totaled up the amount I could have charged if I had maxed out my cards and it was over $70,000. I got my credit score which was 804. And that is a very very high score.

My realtor said he'd never had a client with such a high score. I also got myself one incredible realtor. It took us six months but I finally found my house.

The contract was accepted on my dad's birthday. There was a contingency which was the owner of the house had to find a place to move before I could move in. That was finalized on my mom and brother's birthday. So this was meant to be my house.

So Happy 5th Anniversary house.

1 comment:

Arthur Schenck said...

Congratulations! Sure, home ownership has its pains (expenses, work to be done, etc.) but I still think it's worth it. So, well done you! Happy anniversary to you and the house.