Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Loss of a pet

My friend Art in New Zealand has had another death in his pet family. More info here.

I have to say in my visit to New Zealand I did not get to know Curzon very well. He was always out and about. He would leave very early in the morning and come home late at night. My mother would say Curzon was "out hunting." He did seem to really enjoy the great outdoors. The great thing about where Art and Nigel live is there is a great deal of the outdoors to enjoy especially if you were a cat.

I don't have the right words to make the hurt go away but I do have this thought: That as the death with any loved one there will be tears. But through the tears remember something about that person or in this case the animal that made you smile. When the tears are gone the smile will remain. That's what's important to remember.

No comments: