Sunday, September 04, 2011

Footpath on a Mountain

My sister-in-law sent me these pictures that other day. In her e-mail this was described as:

Thousands of metres up the vertiginous slopes of Shifou Mountain in Hunan Province, China, a team of workers, operating with hardly any safety measures, are building a footpath. The workers are building a plank road on the side of the mountain that, once it is finished, will stretch for 3km 9843 ft and be China's longest sightseeing footpath. Building a plank road on Shifou Mountain is difficult because the cliff stands vertical at 90 degrees, without any slope or alcoves.


I'm not sure who in their right mind would do this. Then again I find it hard to believe some people doing construction on buildings that are many many stories high.

But once completed the views from the "footpath" would be incredible.

Just let me know when it's all done and built.









No comments: