Monday, August 24, 2020

Riding Over 100 Miles in Four Days

 

I am very pleased and proud about what I accomplished today. This is something that I haven't done in at least ten if not fifteen years. This week actually over four days I rode over 100 miles. 107.55 to be exact. 
 
 I left 15 minutes later than yesterday for my ride.
 


 

Wow what a difference that made. When I got into Virginia I could actually see the trail. What a concept seeing where your riding. Who knew?
 
It was really humid out. Dew point was 70 which made for a very soupy ride. I rode 24.05 miles. 
 

 
I tried the Crystal City path again. Rode for a while and then it literally just ends. There's construction for the new Amazon facility instead of the path. So I just turned around and got back on the Mt. Vernon trail.
 
I like riding on Sunday because there is no one out at all. By the time I come back into the city people are beginning to stir.
 
I have an interesting story on scooters but that's for another post.
 

 
Tomorrow is a rest day. As for next week it look like it is going to get hot again so I'm not sure how many days I'll ride. Also I have a stress test on Thursday so definitely won't re riding that day. As we say in my family we'll see.
 
Finally got the full reflection of the Monument in a picture.

No comments: