Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Scooter Scourge

The other day I was in Georgetown on my bike. Specifically I was on K Street under the Whitehurst 
Freeway. There are dedicated bike lanes. At one end of the lanes was a scooter parked right in the middle of the lanes. Exactly in the middle of the lane. So someone had to deliberately place the scooter there.
 
Just another example of what a pain these things are. Placed anywhere and everywhere. Sometimes this is done by the people that ride them. But other times it's the companies that pull this crap.
 
As far as I am concerned they are a menace. I lost count of the number of times one has passed within inches of me when I'm walking down a path or sidewalk. There is of course no warning at all. If I had suddenly moved or turned, I would have been hit. There seems to be this assumption that they are on a scooter and everyone needs to get out of their way. They also go way too fast.
 
It would be so nice if they were banned. But of course that is not going to happen.
 


 

No comments: