Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Cold weather coming to DC

Finally it is going to be winter in Washington. It seems the storm that pounded the Midwest will be arriving sometime today. We won't be getting any of the ice just the cold weather.

Speaking of ice my family in Springfield has been without power since early Saturday morning. My dad said the temperature inside the house yesterday afternoon was about 45. He thinks he'll loose most of his trees to the ice. You can go here to see more details. It's a great big mess.

I think the sun is actually supposed to come out today which will help matters a great deal. The temperature is in the teens. It looks like Wednesday will be the first day that the temperature will be at or near freezing. Then again you don't want things to warm up too quickly that could cause even more tree limbs to come.

I've sent a couple of care packages which I hope will reach my dad (my brother and sister-in-law are staying with him) by the end of the week.

No comments: