Monday, January 08, 2007

Putting It Together

Well I finished putting the new TV stand together and didn’t have any problems.

Then I had to take apart the old TV hutch. It took me a couple of minutes to work out how the screws were connected but once I did that it was pretty easy to take apart.

The next step was to get the new TV out. I was able to do that and attach the base. I was also able to put it on the new TV stand. Wow 37 inches in big in my living room. I am so very glad I listened to my friends advice when he said the 42 inch was too big. It certainly would have been.

Then came the fun part connecting all the cables and figure out how to operate the TV. It came with a 50 page instruction book.

Before I started on that fun project, I got all the cords and speaker wire organized behind the stand. I got a few rubber bands and used them to tie up the extra wires. It doesn’t look like a complete mess behind there now.

It took me a couple of tries to get the DVD to work. The directions could have been a little more clear on the point but then again that’s always the problem with directions. I even got surround sound set up. It is really cool.

Now I have to wait for DirectTV to call me back and set up an appointment to install the new receiver and upgrade my dish.

In the meantime, I’m going to be looking into DVD players that have a HMDI jack in the back. This is supposed to boost the signal resolution on your DVD so they almost look high definition. Or what you could do is send $500 on an HD DVD. I’m going to wait. Oh and one more thing the HMDI cable can cost as much as $100. I guess they can’t get you on the hardware and more so they’re going go sock it to on the peripherals. I’m order my cables on the internet.

I’m really pleased with my purchase.

No comments: