Saturday, January 06, 2007

Last act of Christmas

My last act of Christmas used to be taking down the tree. This year its taking down the outside lights. I’ve waited until this weekend because New Year’s was on a Monday and I wanted them up then.

Now begins the slow process of taking them down. It makes me rather sad. I really enjoy Christmas and then it’s over. I have to say I’ve never been a fan of New Years. To me it’s a couples holiday almost as much as Valentine’s Day.

So during the course of the day I’ll be taking down the lights. In the very very warm weather that we have in DC. It is expected to getting close to 70 today. Record high temperatures. There’s concern that plants will think it is spring and come out and bloom. In fact there’s already been some evidence of that. Of course with the warm weather will come all the warm weather pests. I don’t mind a change of season. In fact I rather like it. I like snow. And I like seeing the complete and total panic that sets in on people when we actually have snow. You’d think it was the end of the world.

Well need to take down another string of lights.

No comments: