Friday, January 19, 2007

No show

DirecTV was a no show. They called at 3:45 and said that someone would be over between 6:30-7:30. I asked how they were going to work on the roof (they have to upgrade this dish so I can get an HD signal). The woman said there would be no problem with that. Of course there was no problem because the guy never showed up. To top it off no one could be bothered to call me and tell that no one was going to show up.

I have to say I'm less than impressed with this. I was told when I signed up the upgrade in service that someone in three days would be calling me back to set up an appointment. Four days later I got an automated call from DirecTV saying that I hadn't called to set up an appointment for my service. Well of course I hadn't called because silly me I'd been told I was going to be contacted.

My next appointment is for next Saturday. I could have had an earlier one. I said to the guy I've already taken time off work and I can't do it again especially if no one is going to show up. I took the early time 8-12. I figure that way maybe be 3 or 4 someone will show up to do the upgrade. I'm hoping to get a customer service survey when this is all done. I'm looking forward to giving them a piece of my mind. The only upshot is that I did get $100 credit but I'd much rather be looking at HDTV.

This should have been easier to do. Then again why should it be easy when it can be hard.

1 comment:

Arthur Schenck said...

Why is it that for so many businesses these days "customer service" is an oxymoron?