Thursday, January 17, 2008

Metro Repairs

Metro is making some major repairs to the subway over this coming weekend.

Here's what's planned at the nearby Verizon Center for the weekend:

The Georgetown Hoyas play basketball Saturday afternoon and Monday night. The Washington Capitals have a hockey game Saturday night, and the Washington Wizards play basketball Monday afternoon.

I realize that repairs need to be made and this is a big one they are replacing the bearing pads. At least this time there has been a big effort on the part of Metro to let the public know what is going on. But many people are going to be inconvenienced and some will probably vow never to take Metro again. The thing that always gets me is Metro vastly underestimates the amount of time that will added by this disruption.

I have to say I'm glad I have a car.

No comments: