Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Odds and Ends

Politics
Today is the Michigan primary for the Republicans. It looks like Romney will pull this one out. There seems to be fewer independents and democrats voting in the primary as opposed to eight years ago. McCain was able to win the primary eight years ago because of the independents and democrats. It will be interesting to see how close the voting is.

Romney has pulled his ads from South Carolina. The idea being is that he will concentrate on Nevada and Florida. It seems Romney is ceding South Carolina to McCain or Huckabee.

Huckabee made a comment today in South Carolina that we should restrict people coming in from Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Jordan. The reason is that the terrorists from 9/11 came from those countries. I have to assume Huckabee said this to play to the voters in South Carolina.

Ice Cream
I made two batches of ice cream. I bought a quart of heavy whipping cream and you can't really use that in anything but making ice cream. Well, I sure you can use it some other things but it was a great excuse to make more ice cream. I made some vanilla. The other batch was also vanilla but got a bar of dark chocolate and I cut that up and added it in. I think I need to use a little less vanilla so the chocolate taste comes out a little more.

DMV
I went to the DMV last Thursday to take the knowledge test. I needed to get 15 correct answer to pass. There were a total of 20 questions on the test. The test is graded as you go so you know which questions you get wrong and which ones you get right. I missed two questions which I should have gotten right but by question 17 I had passed the test. I then had my picture taken, paid my money and then I got my new license. No other test was needed.

Music
I did something that I haven't done in a very long time. At the beginning of each year I used to go through my music collection and play one album from each artist that I had. I did this when the albums were on vinyl. When I had CDs I put five in my player and listened. Now with the iPod I play each artist for around an hour. I'm going to see how long it takes to get through my collection.

I always enjoyed doing this because I would play songs I hadn't heard for a long time many of which brought back some great memories.

No comments: