Saturday, January 23, 2016

The 9 am Update — It's still Snowing

This guy has been stuck since around 8:30 and is still trying to get out.


It has slowed down some. I abandoned measuring on the stairs because I can't really see them very well. So I'm using the concrete slab at the bottom of the stairs. My ruler is only 15 inches and it disappeared into the snow. So I have at least 15 inches maybe a little more. I have to find that broom stick for the noon measuring.

I've got lots of time on my hands. I decided it was a great day to have French toast for breakfast. It was very good. I've done some cleaning. I did a load of laundry. Even ironed some shirts. In a little while I might try and clear my front porch. Or I just might see what's on Netflix or pick up a book. The wind has started to pick up and that's the reason I'm reluctant to go out. Yeah that's it, it's the wind not all that snow.

You know there's been a lot of snow when the snow plow gets stuck. He's been trying to get for the past hour.

Here are some official totals that I got from the Post:
By 7:30 a.m. there were 14 inches at Reagan National Airport, 16 inches reported in Springfield, Va., and 18 inches in Damascus. Germantown had 16 inches, Bethesda 16 inches, and Washington’s Petworth neighborhood 14.5 inches.



The view from the front.

Just about gone.




I brought this in for Linus


Linus enjoying his snow plate.

No comments: