Friday, June 13, 2008

The Air Conditioner is Fixed (I Hope)

Yes the central air is now fixed. I hope so at least. I hope no more problems.

Actually the fact that it didn't work turned out to be a good thing. It was actually working.

Here's what I mean. Central air conditioners have for lack of a better word a bucket that the moisture drains into. There is a pump that empties the bucket. In my case the pump pumps the water on to the roof where it will evaporate. If the bucket becomes full and is not emptied a sensor will turn off the condenser of the air conditioner. That way the bucket won't over flow. This is what happened.

So it took about an hour and a half and they got everything all set. They had to go and get a pump. I hope now that will be the end of my problems.

I have been thinking about how I use the central air. It doesn't make much sense to me to have it cooling the front bedroom when the only thing in there is Sam's litter box. I also don't know why there's a vent in the bathroom. I'm thinking of closing these. Right now I've used an old sock to close off the "vent" actually it really is a circular hole in the ceiling that the cold air comes out of. I was told by the air guys that there are plugs you can get to close them off with.

I'm also thinking at night I might just turn on the unit in my bedroom and turn the central air way up so it doesn't come on. I think that would be a good way to save some money.

No comments: