Monday, June 09, 2008

The Air Conditioning Saga Continues

Where to start?

I contacted the air condition people on Thursday. They set up an appointment for Friday. I tried the unit a couple of times. It sounded to me like the actual air condition unit would start up but the fan never came on. Describing what I did to several people they agreed that that was probably the problem too.

That’s what the repair guys thought too. They didn’t even go up on the roof this time. They worked in the attic where the air flow unit is with the fan that pushes the air through the house. The fan was not working correctly. There was a relay switch that was out. They tied the fan directly into the air conditioning system. The fan would run all the time even when the air conditioner was off. But the air conditioning unit would still switch on and off and cool the house down. Case close problem solved.

Not exactly.

I get home Friday night and the house is warm no not warm it’s hot. I was a little less than pleased. Here’s what I think happened. Friday morning it was cloudy and cool. So when the fan came on and we thought the air conditioner was on the air felt cool when in fact it really wasn’t.

To add insult to injury I got a notice for jury duty in the mail.

No comments: