Friday, June 20, 2008

Stepping Up the Workout

I'm sore tonight.

I had to really hard workouts this week. Randy really earned his money this week as my trainer. He was easy on me last week in part because he'd just got back from vacation.

This week was not the case. On Tuesday we worked out with kettlebells.




This is what one looks like. I used it mostly for leg work. Squats and lunges. Lunges where you'd pass the kettlebell underneath your extended leg to your other hand. Then come to a standing position and then do another lunge. Lunges where you'd hold the kettlebell in one hand to your side and when you lunged you'd flip it up to be even with your shoulder. Then when you stood up you'd push it up over your head. Lunges where you'd keep the kettlebell up over your head.

I was one worn out trainee on Tuesday.

Thursday was chest and back. Working with the cable machine I'd do thirty seconds of a chest press. Then during the "rest" between sets do five push ups (five sets). Went on to a series of three chest machines where I'd do thirty seconds on each one and then move on to the next and then the next (three sets0. A thirty second rest between rounds on those. That's to name a few of the exercises for Thursday.

Today I'm sore. But it's a good sore. I know that I'm working my body and making progress.

Tomorrow I'm going to go back to the gym on my own. Sunday if the weather holds I'm going to go for a bike ride. (I need to get my brakes adjusted so they don't squell; I'm doing that tomorrow after the gym.) Next week I hope to add in a spinning class.

I think things are going very well.

No comments: