Friday, August 26, 2011

Batten Down the Hatches

And anything else that's around.

The hurricane is coming.

There's a whiff of panic in the air.

The usual coverage of hardware and grocery stores having their shelves emptied.

Reporters standing on beaches with the waves in the background. I'm assuming by morning the reporters will be outside being pounded by wind and rain.

Robo-calls from the power company saying expect to loose power.

But as the day has progressed it looks more and more likely the major force of the storm will miss DC.

I got my batteries for my lamp just in case the power goes out.

I got a radio just in case the power goes out so I can find out what going on. Also got it because if there is a lot of rain my TV will go out because I have DirecTV (I do so wish FIOS was available (sigh)).

I am going back to the grocery store to pick up a couple more things. Not sure what will be left on the shelves but I'll find something. But I'm not going to go until at least 10pm. I hope there will be fewer people.

I'm hoping just wind and lots of rain.

Sounds like it could all be out of here by Sunday afternoon.

Here's hoping for the best.

No comments: