Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My Brother the Restaurant Reviewer

My brother, Ed, is doing stories for the Springfield News-Leader on the local restaurants around town. Here are links to two of the reviews:

Pappy’s

Anton’s

I haven’t been to Pappy’s but I have been to Anton’s.

Anton's is a great place to have breakfast. The food is wonderful and the portions are very generous. The place itself is very eclectic. There are all sorts of menus on the walls from all over the place. Some of them look rather old. There are also pots and pans hanging from the ceiling. You can see that in a couple of the pictures accompanying the article.

And in it’s a small world moment. About a year or so ago when I was out there we there for breakfast. We ended up talking with the owner. We told him that originally we were from northern Illinois. The owner, Anton Tasich, talked about going to a summer camp at a Serbian monastery in Libertyville. It just so happens that the monastery was in the town next to the one I grew up in.

By the way if you every go to Anton's for breakfast, I highly recommend the pancakes with a side order of bacon.

No comments: