Monday, May 21, 2012

Verizon Wireless Disconnect

Well more fun with Verizon. Here's the second letter that I sent to them over my wireless service. This one has much more to do with the payment address that is listed on their web site.

Here's the letter:


To whom it may concern:

I am writing yet again to you to inform you of a series of events involving Verizon Wireless.

I’ve enclosed a copy of my original letter as way of back ground into these events.

I will say I was impressed that I actually got a response from Verizon. I received two calls about the problems set forth in the first letter. I was a little puzzled why the calls were to my home phone instead of my cell phone. As it turned out, I was out of town at the time and unable to return the calls.

There have been additional events that have occurred since the first letter.

As detailed in my original letter, I sent a payment in before I received the first call from Verizon. I went to your web site and found a screen with contact information. Part of the information on that screen was an area of mailing addresses. There was specifically an address for payments. I’ve enclosed a page that shows a screen shot of this particular page on your web site.

On May 2, the letter I sent with payment was returned to me. The tag on it from the post office said: return to sender, attempted — not known, unable to forward. I was incredulous. I thought that perhaps some how I had written down the wrong address on the envelope. I compared my envelope to the address on the web site. They were exactly the same.

I decided to try a little experiment. I will admit that my hand writing is not the best, so I asked a co-worker to address another envelope to the payment address listed on your web site. I mailed this on May 4 interested to see what would happen.

When I returned from my trip, the second letter had been returned to me as well. On it another tag from the post office saying the exact thing the first tag said. I’ve enclosed a copy of the two envelopes.

I have a very simple question what is going on.

The series of events and the way I was treated as described in the first letter was, as far as I am concerned, completely unacceptable. But having the payment address on your web site wrong well sort of goes beyond the pale.

I had been considering switching my internet service to Verizon getting one of the bundled packages but after these events it is extremely doubtful that will happen.

Sincerely from one very unhappy customer,

Below is a screen shot of the address on the Verizon Wireless sight and the two envelopes that were returned to me.

Screen shot of the Werizon Wireless webs site showing the payment address

The two envelopes sent to the payment address that were returned to me




1 comment:

Ed Peaco said...

Wouldn't the Verizon bots have picked up this blogged complaint and responded here in the comments area? Really inept.