Wednesday, May 06, 2009

On the Way to New York

Well if all goes as planned by the time this is posted I will be on my way to New York City.

I'm going to get up around 5 or so. I'm going to be out of the house by 6. That will give me plenty of time to get down to where I have to meet the bus. In the reservation information they say to be down there at least 30 minutes before the bus is supposed to go. So a 7:15 am departure time means I need to be there by 6:45 am.

I'm just about done packing. There isn't a great deal to do but there are odds and ends that have to be packed. I bough a new backpack for the occasion. The one I take with me to the gym is way to big. The smaller one I have is beginning to show its age. There's a rip in one of the pockets and one of straps has a tear where it joins the pack. I thought it better to get a new one. This new one has lots of pockets.

I've packed my map and all my reservation information. I bough along some stuff to read. Since on the trip back I won't be reading I'll be sleeping, I brought along some magazines which I can throw out once I reach New York. I've got the addresses to all the theaters of the possible plays I'll see tomorrow. Also the address of the bar I'm going to meet my friend who I volunteer with at Food and Friends. He's up in New York starting on Tuesday. So will hang out for a little while and the I'll go off and get my bus back to DC.

This is going to be a blast!

No comments: