Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Riding the Bike

I had set a goal for riding this weekend. I wanted to do 50, 40, and 30 mile rides. I based the declining mileage on how well my legs would hold up and what the weather promised to be. I rearranged the mileage for Sunday and Monday because I was going to a movie in the afternoon.

It turns out I was able to met the goal. Of course this morning I can barely walk and I'm not sure how easy it will be to get out of my chair at work.

Total mileage for the weekend: Saturday-51.61, Sunday-36.15, Monday 40.12. Just about 128 miles over the course of the three days.

The weather was good all three days. No rain. Monday was the most humid day. It was also the hardest in part because of my legs but also I took a new route that didn't give me all the mileage that I needed. I had to retrace some of my route but that proved to be a good thing since I needed to use the bathroom.

Sunday yielded some fun things on the trail. I was on my way back into Alexandria and I heard what at first sounded like metal rubbing on metal. But then at the sound became clearer and closer I realized it was a dog barking. Then I realized it was two gods barking. But the thing was one dog would bark then the other dog would bark. They took turns. Now I'm riding on the path which is next to the road and I hear this while listening to my iPod. The sound isn't too loud but I heard these two dogs as if they were next to me. I can only image how loud it must have been in the car. The other site also involved dogs where I saw a guy walking seven dogs. Imagine the fun of cleaning up after all of them.

In all a very successful weekend on the bike.

No comments: