Saturday, June 02, 2007

Buying a Camcorder

I've started doing research on getting a camcorder. I figured why not upload some video along with the many pictures I've put up.

The only problem is going through all the information to pick that right camera. Who would have thought that you could get one of these things for under $100. I remember when if it was under a grand it was a bargain. But times change. From doing research and getting some recommendations the thing is to stay away from things that record on cards or memory sticks. The thing to do is get something that records on a tape or DVD. Probably the best thing would be to get one that records onto a hard drive but those are just way too expensive. Sort of like getting a blueray player.

I want something that has at least a 30x optical zoom and a firewire port so I can hook it up to my mac. Now where to buy. I'm part of Best Buy's rewards program. So I would earn points but if the same thing is at Target for less money maybe the thing to do is buy it there.

I'm going back on forth on whether tomorrow will just be a research day or if I'll actually buy the thing.

No comments: