Sunday, June 03, 2007

Odds and Ends

Green bananas
Yes I'm harping on this subject again. I bought some bananas two weeks ago today. They started getting ripe on Friday. And now of course they are too ripe so I'll have to throw them out. I did find some actual yellow bananas at Giant Food. At first I couldn't exactly figure out what they were.

Olympics
I record the Olympics. I am now in the process of moving the tapes to DVD. It is a somewhat time consuming process. The length of the tape and the length of the DVDs don't match up at least if you want to get a decent picture quality when you transfer them. I'm editing out some parts. Right now I'm on the Nagano games. I'm doing the winter ones first. I'm also going backwards. So Alberville will be next. It is a nice way to spend a rainy Sunday.

Parking sticker
I got my parking sticker in the mail the other day. I'm all set for another two years with the department of motor vehicles. There is one thing I don't understand and that is why I never have to take any sort of a test. I've had my DC license for years and expect for the first time I got it I've never had to take a test. When you renew the license you go in and you take a vision test. But no type of other test. In Illinois (this was many years ago and I'm not sure if they still do it the same way) it worked this way: One time you'd just renew the license, the next time you'd have to take a written test and the next time a road test. I think people's skills should be tested especially the way people drive today.

No comments: