Monday, June 25, 2007

Skyping

Well it actually was as easy as they said it would be.

I'd downloaded Skype a couple of weeks ago. I didn't set it up until I had a headset. It was double click on the icon and then follow the instructions. Simple easy straight forward instructions. I gave myself a nickname and then entered some basic account information and I was all set.

Installing the headset/microphone was just at easy. I plugged in to a USB port. Then went to sound under control panels and selected the Logitect 350. You have to set the volume for both input and output.

So early Sunday evening Art called me on my land line. He walked me through a couple of the things needed to finalize the set up and we were all ready to go. So we hung up and he called me back on Skype.

It was great. The one strange thing about it is it sort of sounds the person is talking in your head. That's because you have the headphones on and don't have the usual outside noise you get with a regular phone call. We talked for about 2 hours which is about how long our conversations usually go. And we also recorded a Pod cast. I think it should be posted in the next day or so. I'll put in a link to it once it is up on his site.

No comments: