Monday, June 18, 2007

Sunday at Blue's Alley

Ed and Jennifer arrived on time yesterday. We came back to my house and had lunch. They both were a little tired so they took naps.

Ed and I watched a couple episodes of the Simpson.

We got ready and headed out to Georgetown. We found a parking place on one of the side streets about three blocks from the club. I hate to say this but I've lived in DC almost 30 years and this is the first time I've ever been to Blue's Alley. But then again I'm not a huge jazz fan so I have a little bit of an excuse.

The first place we were seated was right next to the stage. After further consideration we moved back a table. The food was excellent. Around 8 the show started. Kurt Elling was the performer. He was great. For a look at his site go here. After the set was over, he was outside Blue's Alley shaking each person's hand as they left.

We walked around Georgetown after that and stopped in at Barnes and Noble where Ed and Jennifer got a mocha coffee.

No comments: