Sunday, August 05, 2007

Movies, movies, movies

Wow. I am on a roll. I cannot remember how many years it has been when I've seen so many movies and so many movies one week right after the other.

What I've seen so far:

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer June 16
Live Free or Die Hard July 7
Transformers July 14
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix July 22
The Simpsons July 28
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix August 4
Bourne Ultimatum August 5

And there are still a couple more that I want to see before the end of the summer.

I had to go back and see the Harry Potter movie especially after reading the last book.

The Bourne Ultimatum was very good. It is somewhat helpful if you've seen the second one because the third fills in the gap of what happened to Bourne after he left Russia and how he finally ended up in the US. Matt Damon is again fantastic. It is just about non-stop action. There is even sort of an opening for the fourth movie. It is well worth seeing.

In fact it brought in a little over $70 million in its first weekend. Order of the Phoenix has brought in over $260 million. It should go on to be the third highest grossing film in the series. And it looks like Transformers will pass the $300 million mark. That means that this summer there were 4 movies that made over $300 million. I'm sure that is a record.

No comments: