Wednesday, January 14, 2015

My Back Strikes Back

I had hoped that this problem was a distant memory but life seems to have other plans. I was fine while I was away. I was actually worried that I would have problems with my back from all the flying that I did. But that wasn’t the case.

I stayed in the first weekend of the new year to try and get over my cold. Over that weekend, my back started hurting again. The weird thing was I didn’t do anything. I was staying in to get over my cold which as it turned out decided it didn’t want to go anywhere.

I’m trying to do my exercise at least once a day if not twice. I can’t always fit them in in the morning but they are the first thing I do when I get home. I’ve been to the gym a couple of times. I’ve done spinning. Usually that helps with my back. That hasn’t been the case this time around.

I decided I’d try again this morning. There was light snow in the air this morning. On the platform at the Metro, only the center area of the platform had been cleared of snow. The area where people get on and off the trains was left alone. That seems a little backwards to me. But then again it is Metro. I slipped on the way to boarding the train. My back did not appreciate that at all. I figured I would still go and take the spinning class. It might help with my back.

Got to the gym and it turns out the instructor had to cancel the class. One of the regulars got management to help hook up her iPod to the sound system. We listened to her music. I thought not a total loss. But the spinning really didn’t help much. I decided to stop after 40 minutes. I thought at least I could take a nice long hot shower. The water pressure is really high and that always make my back feel better. Only problem was the water only got lukewarm. It helped some but not as much as usual.

Things are a little hard to do with the back pain. It’s even hard to sit at my chair at my desk and do the blog. I think I’ll be emailing my physical therapist to ask what should be done.

But other things come first. I went to my doctor last week. I had him look at a mole on my neck. He’s sending me off to the dermatologist who I see tomorrow. Then there were a couple other things that needed to be addressed as well. The back went to the back of the line so to speak.

Hopefully this can finally get squared away. I have to say I’m very discouraged over this. It seems it clears up for a couple of weeks and then comes back. Not the best way to start a new year.

No comments: