Monday, November 24, 2008

A Concert to Remember

I have to say it was an amazing night seeing Tina Turner. She was in excellent voice and she still has the moves. There is no doubt about it!

Here's the song list:
Steamy Windows
Typical Male
River Deep, Mountain High
What You Get Is What You See
Better Be Good To Me
Acid Queen
What's Love Got To Do With It?
Private Dancer
We Don't Need Another Hero

Intermission

Help
Undercover Agent For The Blues
Let's Stay Together
I Can't Stand The Rain
Medley: Jumping Jack Flash/It's Only Rock 'N' Roll
Goldeneye
Addicted To Love
The Best

Proud Mary
Nutbush City Limits
Be Tender With Me, Baby

From the moment the curtains parted, Tina Turner was on. She has so much energy it is amazing. This is the third time in about 25 years that I've seen her. To me Tina has not slowed down at all. I just hope at 69 I have as much energy. And damn those legs!!

Help, Undercover Agent For The Blues, Let's Stay Together and I Can't Stand The Rain opened the second half of the show. Tina was sitting down surrounded by her band when she did these numbers. They really show cased her voice. But after this slow interlude the concert went back into high gear.

And here are some clips of the show from last night. The last clip (not the last song) was Proud Mary and it is just an incredible performance. It shows the complete and total talent of Tina Turner. Enjoy. I did!









No comments: