Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Just About Ready to Go

It's finally here.

Tomorrow I'm off.

I'm ready.

I'm packed.

Well that is to say my main bag is packed. But in general do you ever feel like your completely packed. I have my big backpack to do. This one I'll carry on the plane. My small backpack is in the big suit case (which on reflection is not as gigantic as I thought it was). I'll use the smaller backpack when traveling around London.

I'm taking the video camera. It will be in the carry on. I've put it in a big zip lock bag surrounded by shirt and underwear. This is my change of clothes just in case my luggage gets lost.

I figured out what to bring to read The Golden Compass. I went to Borders yesterday and spent half an hour looking for something. Then I came home and did the same thing. Finally today I thought I haven't read this. I'm only going to take the one volume. I just need something light and fun to read on the plane and maybe one night or two.

This will be a blast. I should get to the B&B around 11 or so on Friday. The room won't be ready until noon. I'm going to stow my stuff and then head down to the theater where Mamma Mia is playing and see if they have a ticket for the 5pm show that day. I figure go to the show and get really revved up and then grab something to eat and then head back for an early first night. I figure the time between getting the ticket and seeing the show I can spend at the British Museum.

Yes, my bags are packed. I'm ready to go. I'm leaving on a jet plane . . .