Monday, March 03, 2008

What a Difference a Day Makes

Remember the song What a Difference a Day Makes?

Well all I can say does it ever. After what I can only describe as a Sunday that sucked, Monday came along and was a pretty damn good day. The fact that I had to go into worked helped my mood. It took my mind off all the stuff that had gone wrong.

A some things actually went pretty well. I called up the furnace people. They said they could have someone come out today. I was at work when I called so we've scheduled a service call for Wednesday sometime before noon. She asked if I'd used the reset button. I said I didn't even know there was such a thing. So maybe that's all there is to it. I'm pretty sure it has not run out of oil. I keep the house pretty cool during the winter and in general this has not been that cold of a winter.

I got to my doctor today. He checked me out for my cold/chest cold/sinus/flu thing. He said it was all in my head. My lungs were fine. He gave me some nose drops and an inhaler. The inhaler I'm supposed to use when I work out and I shouldn't have any problems with coughing. He thinks that in a couple of weeks I should be fine. Yeah!!

I got my real estate taxes on Friday. They are much lower than my mortgage company thought they would be. I called the mortgage company today. They said I need to write them a letter and request them to adjust the escrow payment. Otherwise they wouldn't do it until September. This will lower my payment. Another yeah! I will still probably pay the same amount it just means more will go towards the principal.

And that's how my Monday went. Yeah again.

Oh and now the lyrics to What a Difference a Day Makes

What a difference a day makes
Twenty-four little hours
Brought the sun and the flowers
Where there used to be rain

My yesterday was blue, dear
Today I'm a part of you, dear
My lonely nights are through, dear
Since you said you were mine

What a difference a day makes
There's a rainbow before me
Skies above can't be stormy
Since that moment of bliss, that thrilling kiss

It's heaven when you find romance on your menu
What a difference a day made
And the difference is you

What a difference a day makes
There's a rainbow before me
Skies above can't be stormy
Since that moment of bliss, that thrilling kiss

It's heaven when you find romance on your menu
What a difference a day made
And the difference is you

No comments: