Friday, March 14, 2008

Time Change

I’ve been dragging all week because of the time change. I try and go to bed at a reasonable hour but I never seem to get around to it. More to the point I don’t find myself sleepy between 10 and 11 which is when I usually go to bed because my body thinks it is an hour earlier. That usually means I’m getting to sleep or falling asleep sometime between 11 an 12. The other side of the coin is that I’m waking up at 6 am but my body thinks it is 5 am. So I’ve been dragging this week. Several people at work have said the same thing.

I think it is much easier to adjust when the change in time is more than an hour. I’ve never had any problems when I’ve gone out to the West Coast. I always seem to be hungry but that passes in a day or so. I’ve never had problems with sleeping. I didn’t even have that much trouble in adjusting to the time change when I went to New Zealand. I was more worn out from the long trip than anything else. The first full day I was there I was up and ready to go.

The funny thing is that the first weekend that I’m in England they move their clocks ahead one hour.

No comments: