Sunday, June 07, 2015

Saffron Dance Performance



My friend Diane is a belly dancer with Saffron Dance. Not many people can say that about one of their friends.

Last night I went to one of their performances. It was so much fun.

It was one of those you don't know what to expect but are blown away with what you see. Just very very enjoyable from start to finish. I sat in the back row so I could get a full view of the stage. It was a smart move I was able to see all of the dancers and get a better of the dance moves.

I particularly liked one where they used large fans as part of the dance. Something out of the 1920s with music to match. It was called Fantasia Arabe. It just so happens Diane was in this dance too. (I hope to have a couple of pictures to post too. You couldn't take any during the performance.)

Here's the mission of Saffron Dance:
Saffron Dance seeks to lead the belly dance community by continuing to elevate the artistic integrity of belly dance as an art form through the education and training of all aspects of belly dance via classes workshops, retreats, teacher trainings and studio-to-studio support.  
Make sure you catch Saffron Dance's next performance. You won't be disappointed.

No comments: