Sunday, February 01, 2015

My Walk Around DC Yesterday

I went to the gym early Saturday. Afterwards, I ended up walking to Union Station.

I decided to take a little different route than usual. Most of the time I walk down K Street. Drop into Chinatown. Walk by the Verizon Center and on to Union Station from there. I wanted to change it up a little. It was a little cold out but the sun was out so I decided a longer walk would be fun. I walked down to Lafayette Park and by the White House (I sighted no drones) I decided to stop off at the Barnes and Noble at 12th and E Streets. From there I dropped down to Pennsylvania Avenue.

I thought I'd get a peek at the skating rink at the National Gallery's Sculpture Garden. It was still a little early in the day a little after 10. I wasn't sure if it would be open or not. But it was. Actually it looked like it had just opened.

I took a great picture of skaters in front of the National Archives. Then it occurred to me I should just go in to the Archives which is what I did. There was a very short line (this is a great time to be a tourist in Washington. There are very few people even on weekends at places). They have really changed the way you enter the building. There are a series of exhibits on the first floor. Then you go upstairs to the rotunda to see the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. Off to one side is another set of exhibits. I decided to come back and see them another time. I might do it next weekend.

After that I walked up Louisiana Avenue to Union Station and then home. It was a great walk.

So these next posts, which I'll add in the course of the day, show my walk.

No comments: