Monday, April 07, 2008

Great Last Day

Wow what a great last day. I made a quick trip to Little Venice. It is a really cool place. You can take a canal boat trip to the London Zoo. On another day I would have spent more time there but it was a little too cold.

I headed back to the British Museum. I discovered several galleries I hadn't even seen yet. They were very cool. I then went down to get a ticket to Hairspray. I got a £60 plus ticket for £25.

From there I decided to go to Buckingham Palace. I got there just in time to see the end of the changing of the guard. I then went to the Queen's Gallery. The exhibit was called Amazing Rare Things. They were rare indeed. It was a very impressive collection. You got an audio tour included in the price of admission.

Then I went back to my favorite restaurant Rez's Italiana at 17-21 Tavistock Street, Covent Garden. I had once again another great meal.

This indeed has been a truly wonderful trip. The weather except for two days was fantastic. Several of the days were actually warm. I saw just about everything I'd planned on. A couple places I decided not to go to simply because I thought they cost too much. That is something you have to get used to when you come to London just about every attraction costs money to get into.

Well I'm going to take a little nap, finish up packing and then head out to Hairspray.

Cheers

No comments: