Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Tate and Westminster

Another full day here in London. I headed off for the Tate. Took the Tube there. It is sort of in an out of the way place.

I went there mostly to see the Turners. They were of course spectacular. They had an exhibit on his water colors and they were incredible. I bought a couple of post cards. I stayed for about an hour and looked around and decided it was time to go.

I then headed out to Westminster. I was going to go into the Houses of Parliament but there was a wait to get in so I headed over to the Abbey. I got the audio tour which was narrated by Jeremy Irons. Very informative. I stayed there for about an hour. There were again a great many people there. I have to wonder what it is like during high season.

I then walked down White Hall. I walked past Downing Street and past the horse guard and up to Trafalgar Square. I grabbed a quick bite for lunch and headed to Piccadilly and took the Tube back to the B&B.

I still have 39 Steps tonight. But I'm going to take a little rest. I might stop by the British Museum on the way down to the dinner and then the show.

Oh and the weather continues to be great. It started out overcast but then it cleared up. It is bright and sunny. I didn't bring an umbrella thinking I'd buy won here but so I've really not needed it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy the weather is cooperating. Thanks for taking the time to update your blog. I look forward to reading what you have done for the day. Can't wait to see your pics. Please take some of the B&B if you get a chance.

Shawne

Jason in DC said...

Will do. The room is rather on the small side but besides sleeping in it I'monly there like an hour or so each day.

And the weather is supposed to remain good.