Thursday, April 10, 2008

Here Come the Pictures

I'm going to start posting pictures from the trip. I'm also going to add some additional commentary on what I did each day.

First off about the flight over. It went well. It was not completely full which was nice. I got a pair of noise reducing headphones from a friend. I got them the morning I left. I didn't listen to any music on the flight over but I did watch a movie. I used the head phones to listen to. The difference they make is incredible.

The flight arrived about an hour early. The line at customs was long but moved really well. The one thing I will say is that once I got off the flight I really needed to find a bathroom. It was a very long walk to customs and I couldn't find a bathroom on the way at all or maybe I just missed them. Anyway there was one at the customs area.

Once I cleared customs I found an ATM machine and used my card. I did this to make sure I could actually get money. The guy in front of me had problems so I went to another machine. It worked just fine. I thought since I was at Heathrow and that it has a train station I'd go and see if I could get my train tickets for the two day trips I was going to take. No such luck. So I got my Oyster Card and headed off for the B&B.

I took the Piccadilly Line and then transferred to the Northern Line at Leicester Square. The Piccadilly Line's finally destination was Cockfosters. Only in England. I didn't have any problems getting to the B&B. My trip now officially started.

No comments: